Smiles & Tears Bereavement Gift Box for Children - All profits go to Nelson's Journey Children's Charity
We are very proud to be partnering with the wonderful Nelson's Journey charity which supports children and young people who have experienced the death of a significant person in their life. 100% of the profits from the sale of this gift go back to the charity to help fund more of these comforting bereavement gift boxes for children.
No ordinary sympathy gift, the Smiles & Tears Gift Box has been created with love and care by bereaved children for bereaved children. The Nelson’s Journey Youth Panel and young volunteers felt that many of the adults and friends around them didn’t know what to say when their significant person died. They felt passionately that a supportive gift containing helpful information, activities and a few treats would have been of great comfort to them at a very challenging time.
The contents of the gift box has been carefully chosen to support children through the grieving process and includes:
- Journal with pen and pencil for writing or drawing thoughts and feelings
- Happy jar with notes to store happy and positive thoughts
- Soft toy because everyone needs a hug sometimes
- Emotions magnets to help find the right words
- Bereavement mindfulness colouring postcards and felt tips
- Feelings ball to help get out those strong emotions
- Fidget toy for when you just need to be ‘doing something’
- A handy pocket tissue pack because it's ok to cry
- Gnaw chocolate bar because everyone needs a treat sometimes
There are three variations of the Smiles & Tears gift box which have been created for different guide age groups: Under 7 years, 8 - 12 years and 12- 17 years. The only difference between the gifts is that the content of the accompanying booklet is designed for that particular age group. The gift for under 7’s has been created for an adult to support a young child and helpful guidance on how to use the box is provided to assist the parent or carer.
The Smiles & Tears gift box is dispatched directly from the Nelson's Journey charity so please allow a little extra time for it to arrive.